It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 am

Hardcore Rules - Adjusted

Official news and updates

Hardcore Server: Should full griefing be allowed?

Poll ended at Fri May 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes: Full grief and looting is ok (No restrictions, lava, tnt, fire is all ok)
83%
No: Only take what you need, don't burn/TnT/Lava an entire base
17%
Other: Post your idea
No votes

Total votes : 35

Re: Hardcore Rules - NBW Announcment

Postby wioace » Tue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Gutted the city got destroyed before I could see it.
wioace

Postby ReganBD » Wed May 08, 2013 6:05 pm

wioace wrote:Gutted the city got destroyed before I could see it.

It's still currently there, in its griefed state though. Sori will be making a copy of it pre-grief and putting it somewhere for display. You should check it out once it's up! Could take some time though as it was pretty big.

Iron Legion, The. wrote:Oh.. Oh no... S-s-ssomeone made hardcore... HARDCORE... How could they?! That horrible, HORRIBLE, immature person... Why would they do such a heinous act?! Why dammit?!

It's fine when you do it to people, but suddenly it's a horrible thing when it's done to you ON A HARDCORE WORLD. Seriously, You pretentious hypocrites need to get over yourselves and leave spaites alone. Seems hardcore is only fun when its not hardcore for NBW, just for everyone else.

antea wrote:...This comment is ill informed and simply inappropriate... and seems like it's here to do nothing but inflame. It would be good if both NBW people and spaites' friends moved on or kept comments about it to private messages.

I agree with Antea on this one. You probably don't understand how Hardcore works, so it's why you've made a comment like this. Hardcore is full of raiding and griefing, and it's done to varying degrees by a lot of people. Of course we're all understandably annoyed that our time is lost, but that's not why everyone is as angry as they are. The reason is because of how it happened, not that it just happened. Let me explain why this raid annoys me so much. This is a personal opinion, and is not representative of other NBW members, although I’m sure a similar sentiment is felt:

1. To be betrayed by one of your own, a member from the very start, that annoys me as I'm sure it would do to anyone else. Additionally, the fact that the reason he did it was because of other NBW members, that's even more upsetting. It sucks that I didn't know this teasing was taking place, but that it carried on to the extent to cause this, it's not great to hear.

2. That there was a server crash right around this time. I lost almost every single item of mine in this server crash, including ender chest items. Everything in my chests in my house went (except for some cobble and leaves). That's literally over 300 hours of gameplay, and about 200k items now gone. Several other people are in the same boat, where they were trying to protect the safety of their stuff, all for it to go. That being said, Sori and the other mods have been working very hard to get things fixed, and it's definitely appreciated, but it was still a kicker for me to lose everything. For this to happen during this sensitive time period, it’s comparable to rubbing salt into the wound.

3. The way Pop852456 has handled it. This is the main reason for why I'm annoyed at the raid. For those of you that don’t know, Pop was the one who did the destruction. Now I understand that my comments here will probably cause more controversy, and that’s the opposite of my intentions, but I believe people need to understand what has gone wrong here from my opinion to form a better opinion of the situation for themselves. Generally when a raid takes place, these things don’t happen:
      - Spamming town coordinates into public chat for days after it happened.
      - Being cocky about it in public chat and forums; usually there’s a chivalry about raids, in that while it’s expected that you might be a little big-headed about it for a while (and rightfully so), don't overboard and be a d*** about it (is that swearing having all those stars? I just can't think of a more concise way to put it).
    Pop as we know did this, and it's a d*** move, going to far in this raid. Too far in regards to the culture of hardcore.

Everyone is going to have their own opinions on this, but this why I feel the NBW raid is more of an issue than the usual raid. Also, it's 26 - 30 players involved; that's automatically going to attract attention like this as it affects a lot of people.

quog38 wrote:I can see why people think this entire rule change is utter hypocrisy, as Antea said two cities were destroyed/disbanded due to the actions of NBW but as soon as it happens to NBW there are cries to change rules to benefit them.

This is wrong. The rule changes were not instigated by us at all. A couple of days before the raid, Sori posted the new rules. One of them was “No excessive griefing”. So, under this rule, pop was banned. The thing is, the rules were rather new, and pop didn’t know about them. Although ignorance ≠immunity, it probably was too close to the rule change for this to be a viable reason to ban pop. So of course this brought about discussion, and that’s why this very post is here.

Which brings me to my opinion of the rule change. Simply, I’m for it. It means hardcore is just that; hardcore. Less mod intervention due to the ambiguity of the rules is a good thing, so that’s why this post is here; to clear up any uncertainty.
ReganBD

Postby Pop852456 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Right as you said "spamming the cords in public chat for days after". I did not do that at all in anyway, if someone wanted to know where it was, i told them, if they didn't know where it was, i told them, i did not spam them as you said i did. And being cocky in public chat, yes a bit, but on the forums, hardly, if you are refering to that as the photos i posted, they were for Queen0fNarnia because she wanted to see what i had done so i posted them for her and i don't see how i can go "to far" because its a hardcore server, get over yourself dude, if you can't take it go to main please.
Pop852456

Postby TechHic » Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Maybe move NBW into the main server survival?
TechHic

Postby sorifiend » Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 pm

The Hardcore server rules have been updated:

Updated Rules:
    • PVP, looting and griefing is allowed.
    • No spawn camping.
    • Do not ask Staff for anything

All Hardcore server rules:
    • Be nice; swearing, racism, bigotry, personal threats, or other forms of hate speech are strictly prohibited.
    • Do not argue with other players/staff in chat. If you have a problem then send a private message.
    • Chat is to be kept to a PG rating at all times.
    • Do not advertise in game or on the website.
    • Game exploitation modification and alteration is strictly prohibited without prior approval.
    • Spam is prohibited
    • PVP, looting and griefing is allowed.
    • No spawn camping.
    • Do not ask Staff for anything

Should we inform everyone?
This is not a major change from what has been happening, do you guys think that we need to broadcast the rule change on the server? If I did it would broadcast each hour for 7 days, with a link to this post.
sorifiend
Global Admin

Re: Hardcore Rules - Adjusted

Postby ReganBD » Wed May 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi, spawn camping referring to?
ReganBD

Postby vx_predator_xv » Wed May 08, 2013 8:26 pm

ReganBD wrote:Hi, spawn camping referring to?

Spawn camping? A spawn counts as any place you have access to teleporting or respawning at. This means /home /spawn any portal to other parts of the map or nether worlds. Camping is the act of occupying and area over a period of time. This means hanging around any specific area. Spawn camping is hanging around somebody's or anybody's spawn. If you have the intention of killing while doing this and actively pursue killing players around their spawns then you are breaking the rule.

Along with this spawn trapping probably fits into the same category as you have the intention of killing or harassing with it.
vx_predator_xv
Global Moderator

Postby antea » Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm

standing where someone spawns and killing them repeatedly... or camping outside the gates of spawn and killing new people repeatedly... preventing people spawning and playing in general...
antea
Minecraft Staff

Postby ReganBD » Wed May 08, 2013 8:46 pm

I should have said to what degree. The only reason I ask this is because often in raids, the player you're raiding will be online, and you want to contain them, i.e. keep them in place so they don't get in the way of your raid. So what will happen is one player will keep the person in place, while the other raids or whatever. Same thing being said for if they place their bed in your town. You don't want to let them go roam free. What do we do about this, as a "no spawn camping" rule essentially breaks these parts of the game in HC?
ReganBD

Postby sorifiend » Thu May 09, 2013 12:00 am

The spawn camping rule is now for the server spawns and outposts only, I will amend the rules to show this:
• No spawn camping at the server spawn or outposts (Waiting to kill players).
sorifiend
Global Admin

Previous

Return to News / Updates